You can view the answers to the above questions buy purchasing this chapter of my book. For more information, click on the button below. By clicking, you are not commiting to purchase. You will need to follow the steps on the "Buy Now" page.
- What are the symptoms of a disc hernia?
- How do we treat disc hernia, short of the OR?
- How do you (and we) decide that it's time for surgery?
- A bit about the history and evolution of this operation
- What does the surgeon do?
- Do you have to have your disc hernia removed?
- Is there a big rush?
- Is there an alternative to surgery?
- What's the upside, the benefit, in having surgery?
- What are the risks? Are there complications?
- What are the odds of success?
- What will you feel when you wake up?
- When are you ready to go home?
- Getting home
- The first few days after surgery
- What can you do to make it heal better, or worse
- The first few weeks after surgery
- Weeks 3 to 6, and a word about reinnervation
- Weeks 6 to 12, if you need them
Go to the page.