You can view the answers to the above questions buy purchasing this chapter of my book. For more information, click on the button below. By clicking, you are not commiting to purchase. You will need to follow the steps on the "Buy Now" page.
- All about fusion surgery
- The difference between fusion and instrumentation
- Why is spinal instrumentation a big issue?
- The scoop on spinal instrumentation systems - Legal issues
- Fusion - When should we do it?
- Fusion - How (where within your spine) should we do it?
- A word about the bone graft
- How do we treat you short of the OR?
- What does the surgeon do?
- Posterior fusion - The operation
- Posterior surgery - What happens after?
- Anterior surgery - The operation
- Anterior surgery - What happens after?
- What are the risks? Are there complications?
- What are the benefits, the odds of success?
- What can you do to make it heal better, or worse?
- The first month after surgery
- Months two to four
- Months five through eight or so
- Your spinal future as a fusion patient
Go to the page.